Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hotel Desert Sun - Phoenix, Arizona

Hotel Desert Sun - Phoenix, Arizona

1325 Grand Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona
107 luxurious rooms in the heart of the city on highways 60-70-89. A Coffee Shop and Dining Room serving excellent food. Swimming Pool, Refrigerated Air Conditioning, TV's and Room Phones. One of the most beautiful hotels in Phoenix. AAA Approved. Member of the Best Western Motels.

The card was mailed from Phoenix, Arizona to Mrs. Sam B. Boyd of Denver, Colorado on February 20, 1957:

Tuesday-
Dear Mrs. Boyd,
Greetings from Phoenix. We are staing at this lovely place & enjoying every minute of it. Do hope you are all getting along O.K. as I'm sure you are. It is a little cloudy & rainy tooday, so no golf, but other things to do.
Fondly,
Mabel T.

The Manger Desert Sun - Phoenix, Arizona

1325 Grand Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona
107 luxurious rooms in the heart of the city, on Highways 60-70-80-89. Coffee Shop and Dining Room. Swimming Pool. 100% Air-Conditioned. TV in all rooms. One of the most beautiful motels in Arizona. AAA Approved. A Manger Hotel. Recommended by Duncan Hines.

Desert Sun Hotel - Phoenix, Arizona

1325 Grand Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona
107 luxurious new rooms in the heart of the city, on Highways 60-70-89-93 and 3 blocks from U.S. 80. Coffee Shop - Dining Room - Cocktail Lounge - Private Meeting Rooms. New Swimming Pool. TV in all rooms. One of the most beautiful motor hotels in Arizona with 1966 decor throughout.
Member of the Friendships Inns of America.

3 comments:

  1. I worked at Desert Sun as a night auditor when I was 21 back in 1970 and it was beginning to attract the seeder kind of people by than. I'm sure it was one of Phoenix's best and from what I remember it was classy. Phoenix was a lot different back than and sometimes I wish I could go back to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked at Desert Sun as a night auditor when I was 21 back in 1970 and it was beginning to attract the seeder kind of people by than. I'm sure it was one of Phoenix's best and from what I remember it was classy. Phoenix was a lot different back than and sometimes I wish I could go back to those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a night auditor at this hotel back in 1970 and by that time it was beginning to go down hill, a lot of the rooms were used for other things if you get my drift. I'm sure it was a wonderful place for many families during its run. It's sad to see chainlink fence around the property and many of the buildings have been torn down. Looks like one section is being refurbished along with the main building. The pool seems to have been recently filled in with dirt. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days when Phoenix truly was a friendly city.

    ReplyDelete